MX Player is an Indian video streaming and video-on-demand platform made by MX Media & Entertainment. The MX Player app is one of the most famous video players. It has more than 280 million users around the world. The site is currently supported by ads and has more than 150,000 hours of streaming content in 12 languages, including English, Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu.
What is EAC3 Audio Format?
EAC3 is a common audio format these days, but few people really know what it is. Here, we will explain it quickly.
EAC3, which is also called “Enhanced AC3,” is the format that came after the AC-3 format. As its name suggests, EAC3 is better in many ways than the AC3 format. It was made by Dolby Labs as a way to shrink digital audio files so they can be moved and stored.
It can be as annoying as eating fries without ketchup to watch movies with sound. Don’t worry, though. If you keep reading, you’ll find out how to fix the problem of EAC3 format not being accepted by MX Player.
How to Fix EAC3 Not Supported in MX Player?
If the MX player is running and it says “EAC3 audio format not supported,” don’t uninstall it right away. Now, there are a few easy ways to fix the problem that the MX player doesn’t work with the EAC3 audio codec. Let’s look at them.
Add the Custom Codec to MX Player
So, this first fix is to download and install the special codec. First, go to Menu > Help > About on your device to see what version of the MX player it has. Then, to fix the problem that AC3 audio format is not accepted, do the following:
- Start the MX player, click on the main menu, and go to the Settings section.
- Tap on Decoder and scroll down until you see Custom Codec.
- Here you can find the MX player codec for EAC3 video, which is what you need to fix this problem. You can get the codec from the page for MX Player.
- Start the MX player after you have successfully gotten the codec. It will find the downloaded files right away, and if they work, all you have to do is click OK.
But sometimes, when fixing the “audio EAC3 not supported” problem, MX player can’t find the downloaded codec on its own. If that happens, which is rare, you’ll have to add the codec by hand. So, here’s what to do:
- Again, go to the main menu of MX player and click on Settings > Decoder > Custom Codec.
- Click on Custom Codec and choose the right path to the codec you downloaded. After a restart, the MX player will find them on its own.
Convert EAC3 Audio Format to Other Compatible Formats
Another easy way to fix the error “Audio format EAC3 not supported” is to change the EAC3 audio format into a more common format like MP3, MP4, or AAC. Most video players can play these formats. This is a simple method, but you will need a translator made for professionals.
So, all you have to do is download the video/audio adapter you want. There are a lot of free converters out there, and you should choose the best one you can find. Then, you can change the audio format digitally into a file that MX Player can read and play.
Why is the EAC3 Format Not Supported?
Before a couple of recent updates, it was easy to play your best videos. With these updates, you might have noticed that some video files said “MX Player audio format eac3 not supported,” which means that the video file doesn’t have sound. Here’s what happened so that you lost the sound in your movie files:
- Because of license problems, DTS and Dolby’s audio codecs are no longer supported by MX Players.
- Videos that use the AC3, DTS, EAC3, DTSHD, or MLP codecs can no longer play sound. Instead, you get a warning message like “MX Player eac3 not supported,” which means that your video will play without sound.
MX Player is an Indian video streaming and video-on-demand platform with 280 million users. EAC3 is a common audio format that came after the AC-3 format. To fix the problem, add the Custom Codec to MX Player and click OK. Add the codec by hand, convert EAC3 audio format to other compatible formats, and use a video/audio adapter to change the audio format digitally into a file that MX Player can read and play.
Check our website for more updates.