The NMMS Scholarship is for kids in class 8 who come from low-income families and want to go to college. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, or MHRD, is in charge of running the National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) program. The NMMS Scholarship is for kids who have passed class 8 with at least a 55% average and come from low-income families.
The NMMS Application Form will need to be filled out by those who are eligible. Scholarships of Rs.12000/- per year (Rs.1000/- per month) are given to selected kids every year so they can go to classes 9–12 in State Government, Government-Aided, and local body schools. Find out more about the NMMS 2023 application form, who is eligible, how much the grant is, etc., in this article.
The Objective of NMMS Scholarship 2023
The goal of the NMMS Scholarship, which started in May 2008, is to encourage bright and poor students to finish their secondary and higher secondary educations so that less people drop out of school after class 8. For the National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship, students in grades 9–12 take two levels of selection tests at the state level every year.
NMMS Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The MHRD of the Indian government chooses which students are eligible for the NMMS Scholarship. Only people who meet the minimum standards can fill out the scholarship application form. The criteria for eligibility include a minimum level of schooling, marks on earlier qualifying exams, and so on. Here are the important requirements to meet in order to take the NMMS writing test:
- Those who want to apply for this MCM scholarship must be full-time students in class 9 who passed class 8 with a score of at least 55% or grades equal to that score.
- The candidates must go to government, local government, or government-supported schools.
- For the candidate to get a scholarship for high school, he or she must get at least 60% on the class 10 board test.
- For the scholarship recipient to keep the scholarship in class 12, he or she must pass class 11 on the first try with a score of at least 55% or the equivalent. Students from the SC/ST group get 5% more marks than other students.
- The yearly family income of the candidates shouldn’t be more than INR 1.5 Lakh.
- Also, students who go to NVS, KVS, Sainik schools, or private schools are not qualified for this MCM scholarship.
How to Apply for NMMS 2023 Scholarship?
Students must register for NMMS 2023, which they can do either offline or online. In this part, you can find out how to apply for NMMS.
Candidates can fill out an application for the NMMS Scholarship online. Here are the steps you need to take to apply online:
- Students must go to the authority in charge and look at the part called “Latest Updates.”
- Now, click the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill out the online form with all of your information.
- Last, click the button that says “Submit.”
- Take a copy of the online application form that you filled out.
- Now, the two signed hard copies of the application form should be sent to the school along with the necessary papers.
- The head of school must send the forms to the nodal schools and keep one copy for the school’s records.
NMMS Application Offline Mode
The NMMS Application form is also available at each student’s school. In offline mode, students have to bring their filled-out NMMS Application form and any other required papers to the school where they are enrolled. Those whose forms are accepted will be able to get their pass cards a few days before the test from their schools.
NMMS Scholarship 2023 Exam Pattern
Applicants for the NMMS Scholarship for 8th Grade Students will have to take a written test. Such students should look at the NMMS exam schedule to get a clear picture of what the test is like. The NMMS Scholarship test’s exam pattern includes the total number of questions, the types of questions, the sections, the marking system, the length of the test, the number of points that can be taken away, etc. Here are the most important parts of the NMMS test format:
- The Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) are the two parts of the test.
- Each test lasts for a total of 90 minutes.
- There are 90 questions in each part of the test.
- Here’s an outline of how the test will be set up.
NMMS Scholarship Test 2023 Selection Process
For the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship, each State/UT will give its own test to decide which students will get the money.
- The Mental Ability Test will have 90 MCQs that test meta-cognitive skills like logic and critical thinking. The questions on the test could be about things like analogies, classifications, recognizing patterns, number sequences, secret figures, and so on.
- The Scholastic Aptitude Test could have 90 multiple-choice questions about science, social studies, and math as they are taught in seventh and eighth grade.
The following rules may be used to choose the students:
- The kids must pass both the MAT and the SAT with a score of at least 40% on each. This cutoff will be 32% for the reserved group.
- At the time the candidate was chosen for the scholarship, he or she had to have gotten at least 55% on the Class 8 test or a grade that was the same. SC/ST people will get a 50% break.
The NMMS Scholarship is for kids in class 8 who have passed class 8 with at least a 55% average and come from low-income families. Eligibility criteria include a minimum level of schooling, marks on earlier qualifying exams, and yearly family income below INR 1.5 Lakh. Applicants must register for NMMS 2023 either online or offline, and must take a written test. The NMMS Scholarship Test 2023 will consist of two parts: the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
Check our website for more updates.